Publisher Eternal Press

Publisher Eternal Press
Love and the Paranormal

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Title: Learning to Waltz
Author: Kerryn Reid
Genre: Regency Romance
Review Rating: Five Stars
Reviewer: Linda Hays-Gibbs
Daring and Delicious
     Deborah Moore or Mrs. Moore is a widow with her son, Julian living in in a small cottage in abject poverty. Her world revolves around her son.
    Her son goes with her servant on an errand and  he gets lost in the dead of winter. Deborah searches for him till she is a wreck but can't find the five year old anywhere. She is desperate and runs to the Inn to beg the men to search for him. Few want to go into the horrible cold weather but some did volunteer. Evan Haverfield saw the woman's desperation and decided to help her. He was drawn by her facial expressions and desperate dignity.
     They become a local item of gossip after Evan finds the boy and helps Mrs. Moore to nurse him back to health. Evan falls more and more in love with her. He wants her but fights his attraction until he asks her to marry him. She refuses him.
   This is an absolute stunning Regency. I was caught in the first few pages and couldn't sleep till I finished it. I was positive I knew what would happen several times but that was not the case. The author weaves a delightfully suspenseful tale that kept me on the edge of my seat. You felt for the characters, all of them not just the heroine. It was such a surprise.
     I gave this book Five Stars and wanted more. I love, absolutely love Regency and thought I knew all the tales by heart but this one is different. It makes you feel so much for all the characters. I recommend it cause I know you will enjoy it as much as I did.
Linda Hays-Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment