Publisher Eternal Press

Publisher Eternal Press
Love and the Paranormal

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Title: Hawk's Gift
Author: Mary M. Forbes
Genre: Historical Romance
Review Rating: Four Stars
Reviewer: Linda Hays-Gibbs
     Roberta (Bobbie) Taylor is caught in a very precarious position. She is being auctioned off as a virgin at a house of ill repute. She seems too naive for words. She doesn't know how this could happen when she went to this place to interview the Madame about her brothel. She's forced onstage and everyone seems drunk.
     Damien Larocque is a Métis Indian enjoying his liqueur when he sees the beautiful girl with long blonde hair being auctioned on stage. He decides in his inebriated state that he will bid for her even though he has no money. He will simply fight his way out of the place with the little thing under his arm.
     Needless to say he carries her away and gets carried away .she is a high born rich lady and he is a wild heathen. He remains carried away and savage throughout this lovely romance.
    The characters have myriad flaws to overcome and obstacles to overcome in their war torn world. In a world where the beautiful wilderness of Canada is described and the battles between whites and Aborigines are waging a miracle happens.
Boy meets girl and love blossoms.
    I was amazed at the History and circumstances of the across the border happenings with the US and Canada too. I love finding out new perspectives and information in my romance novels.
    Mary Forbes delights me in all aspects except for some typographical errors and the ending. I wanted more. I wanted to know what happened between the fighting forces. I wanted to know about their friends, Marie and Pierre, her father and brother, and I wanted to see the couple's future a little more. It ended too abruptly for me. It is just such a great novel and not really short but with so much happening...maybe there is a sequel. I do hope so. I did thoroughly enjoy the writing, characters, plot and problems.
I thank the author for a wonderful exciting erotic engaging read.
Linda Hays-Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment